I have been a computer programmer for over thirty years and have worked exclusively as a website developer since 2001.
I have a wide range of skills including:
- Database analysis and design using SQL Server and MySQL.
- Programming in ASP.Net (C#), PHP and ColdFusion.
- WordPress support including plug-in development and disaster recovery.
- Server and website administration including domain registration, email setup, web server management, DNS.
I don’t do graphic design. For the visual elements of a website I work with a network of graphic designers although in recent years I have more frequently found myself using ‘off-the-shelf’ WordPress themes which can easily be adapted to give the design you want.
I have experience in a wide range of industry sectors including
- Local Government – From 1988 to 1997 I worked full time at South Lakeland District Council developing in-house database applications. Later I worked with them again for a further eight years as a consultant and was the lead developer on their website. I continue to provide remote support for some of their systems. I have also provided web services for Cumbria Tourism and Eden District Council.
- Tourism – I have provided websites for Swinton Park, Temple Sowerby House Hotel, Les Arbres Gîtes and for agencies such as Cumbria Tourism
- Commerce – websites for First Aid Cumbria, Barque Press and others.
- Services – websites for First Aid Cumbria, Active Aid, Ten Stories High and others
- University – Rethinking the Senses, Cultural Exchange in a Time of Global Conflict and Archive of the Now websites for colleges in the University of London.