Skills & Experience
I have been working as a computer programmer since 1985 and exclusively as a website developer since 1999.
I have a wide range of skills including:
- Database analysis and design using SQL Server and MySQL
- Programming in ASP.Net (C#), PHP, ColdFusion and Classic ASP
- Server and website administration including domain registration, email setup, web server management, DNS
I don’t do graphic design so for the visual elements of a website I work with a network of graphic designers.
I have experience in a wide range of industry sectors including
- Local Government – From 1988 to 1997 I worked at South Lakeland District Council developing in-house database applications. From 2003 until May 2011 I was the lead developer on their website and continue to provide remote support for some of their systems. I have also provided web services for Cumbria Tourism.
- Tourism – I have provided websites for hotels, event management and agencies such as Cumbria Tourism
- Commerce – websites for the Barque Press, First Aid Cumbria and others
- Services – websites for First Aid Cumbria, Active Aid, Tarnside Consulting, Ten Stories High and others
- University – Beyond Text, Fashioning the Early Modern and Archive of the Now websites for Queen Mary University in London